Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Michelle Williams: Sorry About Heath Talk

She recently gave an interview about her life following the death of Heath Ledger, and Michelle Williams was a bit peeved at how “Nightline” presented her sentiments.


The “Blue Valentine” babe told The Daily Beast that she felt betrayed by the way her words were edited together.


"Just recently I felt as if I did cross a line about all this. Yet if I'm going to do interviews and be in this world, I don't want to seem as if I'm just taking a party line. I want to say something that is representative of who I am and what I'm thinking about and what matters to me in the same ways that I want to do that in my work because my work and my life do feed off each other. The two do go together."


"When it comes to interviews, it all becomes rather tricky because I don't want to say something without resonance but then I don't want to go too far. I just had an experience with 'Nightline' that got edited in such a way that seemed as if I did go too far.”


"It was a three-hour interview that was edited in such a way that was devastating to me. They edited the piece to sell the interview, and it appeared as if I were breaking some kind of silence and sitting down with the express purpose to discuss something that is very private to me."


No comments:

Post a Comment